Many developers want to know whether they should use Serverless or Kubernetes to build cloud-native applications. Both computing options have pros and cons and it depends on your needs which option you should choose.
I blogged about when to use Serverless and when to use Kubernetes.
Use Serverless if you have the following needs:
- Variable and irregular Workloads
- Developer Productivity for first Time Experience
- Inherent Auto-Scalability
Use Kubernetes if you have the following needs:
- Mature Deployment Options
- Minimal Response Latency
- High Performance Computing without Resource Restrictions
Here are the slides of a session about this topic.
If you want to try out Serverless and Kubernetes, you can get a free lite account (no credit card required) on the IBM Cloud.