The Anki Cozmo robot can recognize faces and objects with markers like Cozmo’s Power Cubes. Ansgar Schmidt and I have developed some sample code to allow Cozmo to recognize other types of objects via TensorFlow.
The training is done via TensorFlow and a retrained MobileNet model on Kubernetes.
The classification is done via Tensorflow running in an OpenWhisk function.
Ansgar and I have blogged about this project in more detail.
- Visual Recognition with TensorFlow and OpenWhisk
- Accessing IBM Object Storage from Python
- Image Recognition with Tensorflow training on Kubernetes
- Image Recognition with Tensorflow classification on OpenWhisk
- Sample Application to classify Images with TensorFlow and OpenWhisk
Cozmo finding the deer:
If you want to run this demo, you can get an account on the IBM Cloud and try OpenWhisk and Kubernetes.